Friday, March 13, 2009

whew



Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. When I was pregnant with Arjun, I was really hoping that he wouldn't develop the same eating issues as Lila. I mean, what are the chances that he would also go through what one of her doctors said was "nothing I've ever seen before"? Well, guess since they are related, the chances are pretty high. Arjun's now doing exactly what Lila did at his age, which is refusing to eat unless he is very sleepy or groggy. The only consolation is that we've gone through it all once before, and are taking immediate action - he's now on hypoallergenic formula, taking medication for reflux, and even seeing a cranial-sacral therapist. Meanwhile, Lila and I have both caught whatever bug is going around, so she is not eating well or drinking well. She is now 14 months old, and still not drinking "normally" (we spoonfeed her the majority of her liquids), so any time she is sick there is a dehydration risk.

In short, things are a mess. But as ever, their cuteness makes up for everything. I was able to sit them both down for a brother and sister portrait last week, before things got so crazy. Oh! And Lila took her first steps yesterday! That was definitely a bright moment during these gray days.