Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bubbles & Whales Birthday Bash!


homemade cupcakes

the "Bubblesmith"
arjun dressed as a shark and lila a mermaid

birthday girl "special assistant
arjun and lila inside a bubble

best friends in "bubble rainbow" 
mama and kids inside bubble
bubble fun in the yard (n accidentally took this "artistic" shot)

happy birthday song
climbing up the whale (which took 4 hours to inflate!)

postparty, king arjun decided no more clothes  
decompressing with a "compromise" before nap
opening presents!
We decided that since Lila got to have her princess fun at their joint birthday party last year, this year we would do an "underwater theme" that accommodated both Lila's love of princesses (Ariel), and Arjun's enduring love of all things underwater. I found "the Bubblesmith" through a recommendation, and we decided to go with "Bubbles and Whales" for our theme after finding a huge 4' tall inflatable whale.

The party was a blast, and all the kids (and I) loved being put in a bubble. Next year though, I don't think I'll be making homemade cupcakes for 50!