I don't usually make a fuss about my birthdays, but this year felt different. It wasn't so much about the number 35 as how different my body feels now. Like it is changing (and as I described to N, "in decline.") I was so proud of the fact that I once backpacked to 8 different countries in 2 months carrying a small knapsack with only a bottle of face lotion, but now as I see age spots on my cheeks and feel the skin around my eyes turn papery, I'm slathering on night creams in the hopes of slowing down the effects of aging. For once I can't blame the kids for these unintended changes in my body!
Anyhow, I sort of made a big deal out of my birthday this year, and I am so grateful that N understood. We celebrated in style at an amazing restaurant, and my girlfriend Jenny stepped in during the day and took me out to celebrate at a decadent lunch as well. 35, huh? I guess it can't be all that bad.
.JPG) |
| surprise peony bouquet from Jenny |
.JPG) |
| indulgent breakfast muffin with a soft-boiled egg inside |
 |
| whipped coconut ice cream dessert from coi |
.JPG) |
| cartier panther ring from N! totally luxe and unexpected |