Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day


N and I were supposed to fly down to LA for Mother's day on Sunday, where we had planned to tell my brothers and his parents about the bun in person. Unfortunately we had to cancel the trip since he had to be in the office on Saturday for a project. I wasn't happy about that since I was really looking forward to telling the last of our immediate family about the bun in person, and since I was really looking forward to eating some of N's mom's famous lemon rice. The only silver lining was that I was feeling so exhausted and nauseous that I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the trip anyways.

So we ended up telling Jason, Jeff, and N's parents over the phone. Some highlights from my brothers' reactions: "...uh...really? Wow...that's kind of the last thing I expected from you, Jenny..." and "well, I guess you'll make a good mom. You'll be strict, haha."

N's parents' reaction over the phone on Sunday made both of us tear up. I think at one point all four of us were wiping away tears while on the phone. Literally an hour later, my first Mother's Day bouquet arrived! Here's a pic of Skittles curiously sniffing the flowers.

Two days later, we received a shipment of the lemon rice via Fedex. Yay for mothers everywhere!