whole body profile view...big head and big tummy
profile view, you can see the shape of his head and his nose
waving at us from my tummy
N and I went to our second official ultrasound yesterday, at Stanford's baby hospital. It was ostensibly to get the Nuchal Translucency test (part of the screening for Down's Syndrome and other genetic disorders), but we also got to watch the baby in action, and came back with some great pics!
According to the doctor, our baby is quite big (they said not to be surprised if he comes earlier than December 20), and very well articulated. During the session, the bun was moving around like a little acrobat, doing somersaults and turning around and around. We saw his little hands and fingers, his spine, and even his brain and clavicles. He has a pretty big head, and as you can see, his profile is already well-defined. Does this mean he will have N's nose and lips? We'll have to wait and see.
It was amazing to watch the bun for so long yesterday. I only wish we had more time or were able to see him every day. He's grown so much since our last session! I think yesterday made the baby's existence much more real to both N and me. Holy sh*t, we're having a baby! I can't wait until our next ultrasession in August so we can see him again, and know if the bun is a boy or a girl...
