
I will be officially halfway through the pregnancy next Thursday. My sister Susan is right--the second trimester is definitely more comfortable than the first! My backaches are gone, and so is most of the nausea.
I've also started using a product called BabyPlus. It is essentially a speaker that plays rhythmic sounds for an hour through your belly. Played twice a day after 18 weeks (when the baby starts to be able to hear), it supposedly helps babies form patterns and develop life skills in the womb. N and I are skeptical, but other than being quite time-intensive (you're supposed to wear it for 2 hours a day...who has 2 hours a day to sit down and strap on a speaker?) it seems harmless. It also forces me to bond with the baby more, which is important since I still can't seem to think of the Bun as a real, actual person inside of me. The cool thing is that the Bun seems to like the BabyPlus, and gets a lot more active whenever he hears it. Hopefully he's not asking me to turn the annoying sound off!
