Monday, November 19, 2007

the latest wrinkle

About a week ago I had trouble sleeping because my arms kept falling asleep, so I had to keep turning on each side to avoid sleeping on my arms. Finally, I gave up and tried to sleep on my back (supposedly bad for baby) because I was so frustrated with sleeping on my arms. But I get nauseous sleeping on my back, probably due to my fear of hurting the baby, so that didn't work either.

I was hoping it was temporary, but now the numbness has transformed into nerve pain shooting up my arm everytime I sleep. The doctor has diagnosed pregnancy-related carpal tunnel syndrome. In her words "don't worry, it will go away maybe 4-6 weeks after you give birth."

4-6 weeks?!

It has now progressed to the point where I can't sleep more than 3-4 hours a night. No matter what position I am in, it feels like someone is trying to tug out a nerve through my right ring finger. I only get relief when I stand up and walk around, which, of course, isn't conducive to sleeping.

I'm ready for you to come out now, little Bun!