After a stint at the OB emergency room Friday night (I thought my water might have broken), the nurse said that I was experiencing regular, though not intense contractions, about 7 minutes apart, and to expect to have the baby by the end of the weekend. Yay!
Well, I woke up Saturday morning experiencing much more painful contractions about 30 minutes apart. These became more irregular as the day wore on. That night, my increasingly painful contractions woke me up about once or twice an hour, but they became more irregular as Sunday wore on. Last night, I woke up at 2am with the most intense contractions to date, about 15 minutes apart. The thing is, the hospital won't admit me unless my contractions are less than 5 minutes apart, so we have to keep waiting until that happens.
The difference between true labor and false labor is that in true labor there is progress made in the cervical opening. We just came back from visiting my OB, who confirmed that I am indeed dilating, just extremely slow. So, I am in labor, but it might be (gasp!) three or even more days. It's apparently not uncommon for first-time moms to go through this for weeks, even, though she's promised to induce if nothing happens by Sunday.
So...welcome to the 72 hour? 96 hour? 120 hour labor? I'm hoping 120 hours is the max. But we won't know until it happens. I am exhausted. Just physically really, really tired. Can't really sleep or nap or relax because every 15 minutes or so it feels like someone is squeezing all of my guts together. And active labor hasn't even begun!
Bun, please, please hurry.
