Even though I swore I wouldn't be the kind of mother who bought toys indiscriminately for their children, and whose house ends up looking like a preschool yardsale...I ended up buying whatever toys my other mommy-friends swore by, and our living room looks like a preschool. Not a yardsale, because we still try to keep it neat, but definitely like a preschool. I can just imagine it getting more and more out of hand as Lila collects more toys and Bun #2 comes along! But seeing how much fun Lila has prancing around in her jumperoo or chewing on the dragon in her exersaucer makes it all worthwhile. She gets the biggest smile on her face! My next step? Slipcover the white sofa and put foam on our Noguchi table! Guess we'll return to "adult living" in about 20 years.
Friday, July 11, 2008
fun with toys
Even though I swore I wouldn't be the kind of mother who bought toys indiscriminately for their children, and whose house ends up looking like a preschool yardsale...I ended up buying whatever toys my other mommy-friends swore by, and our living room looks like a preschool. Not a yardsale, because we still try to keep it neat, but definitely like a preschool. I can just imagine it getting more and more out of hand as Lila collects more toys and Bun #2 comes along! But seeing how much fun Lila has prancing around in her jumperoo or chewing on the dragon in her exersaucer makes it all worthwhile. She gets the biggest smile on her face! My next step? Slipcover the white sofa and put foam on our Noguchi table! Guess we'll return to "adult living" in about 20 years.
