As promised, here's a video of Lila showing off her favorite skill--waving bye-bye! She's a bit distracted by our cat Skittles in the video but you get the idea :)
Lila now waves bye-bye to N and me when we leave for work in the mornings, and before she goes to sleep at night. And she will wave bye-bye to us when we ask her to (even if we are not leaving) though she doesn't do it quite as readily. I'm not sure if she understands the concept of good-bye and associates waving bye-bye with it, but it certainly seems to help with her separation anxiety. Whereas she used to get upset if I had to leave, now she waves bye-bye and happily goes back to her toys!
PS-We are saying "go to sleep now" and "wave bye-bye" in Mandarin in the video. So far Lila seems to be pretty good at acknowledging both English and Mandarin, and our nanny swears that she responds to "please give me" and "press the button" in Mandarin, but I'm afraid I'm confusing her by speaking both to her! Any tips on raising bilingual kids?
