Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Drumroll please...

....and Lila's first word is....

cheese! Lila's been saying baba and mama and ah (for "ah-yi", "nanny" in Mandarin) for a while now, but her first non-caregiver word is cheese. Yup, cheese.

Now there are a variety of reasons why Lila could've chosen cheese as her first real word. It could be because I've been trying to put some meat on her bones by feeding her mac and cheese every other day. (I do hide squash, edamame, and carrot puree in it for extra nutrients, but she doesn't know that yet). It could be because her current favorite book is called "Let's cook!" and features removable cardboard food items, such as slices of fruit and cheese, for her to play with. It could be because she enjoys making the "chhhhh" sound. But I think the real reason is that Lila is N's daughter, and it is her genetic destiny to love all things cheesy.

By the way, I'm sorry I deleted your comment JL! Something got messed up and I had to repost this. Ugh. Hope week #2 at Palcare went well!