Monday, May 18, 2009

i heart NY (and LA)


guess where we were?


arjun did beautifully on his first flight!


lila visiting with uncles jason and jeff, and auntie barbara


mama's little boy isn't so little anymore...


arjun's elvis impression


dada and dadima taking care of the kids (with some help from our nanny lucy)


lila and arjun looking like twins

my little boy after his first haircut

Sorry for the gap in posting! We took a breather from baby bootcamp and took the kids down to LA for a mother's day visit with dada and dadima. Then as N had to be in NY for a couple of meetings, I flew there with him for 5 days of friends, good food, shopping, art, and more shopping (Uniqlo, I love you!)

Meanwhile, Lila and Arjun enjoyed the beautiful LA weather and visited flowers and baby peacock friends in dadima's garden. Lots of firsts for Arjun...first flight, and first haircut! My heart almost broke when they cut of his curls and took the clipper to my little baby's hair, but he looks like a real boy now.

What a wonderful mini-vacation! It felt like hitting the reset button. My favorite part was all the sleeping in. Honestly, it could've been a hotel in Arkansas...I just needed the uninterrupted sleep! I feel ready to face the early morning wake-up calls and long feeding sessions again. Bring it on, Lila! And thanks again dada and dadima for giving us (me) such a wonderful break!