I know its been a while since I've posted, but life goes by quickly when you are having fun! Lots of good things have been happening in our little household. Our new nanny Emily is having great luck feeding Arjun, and he is even starting to enjoy solids (baby biscuits and cut up avocadoes, peaches, and bananas...he still hates the jarred stuff. I think we have a little gourmet on our hands.) He is starting to get a little pudge and hitting all of his milestones. He has also stopped vomiting, thank goodness, so I am a lot less worried about him than I was a month ago.
Lila has been doing super too. She hasn't been taking her appetite stimulant at all, and yet still eats well. Sometimes she eats less, sometimes more, but I know that now she understands that eating is fun and good for her, so though she is still hanging by a thread at the bottom of the weight chart, I am not as worried about her either. We love bringing her to different restaurants because she is actually a very adventurous eater and willing to give anything a try -- so far dim sum and thai food are big hits. Unfortunately she ate a lot of spicy potatoes at our favorite Indian restaurant before she started crying from the spiciness! So maybe we'll wait a bit longer before taking her there again.
It has been a while since I posted a video, though N got me this amazing HD video cam for my birthday. So I'm posting a video that I took right after lunch today. Lila is hanging out in her high chair, reading, snacking, and drawing. She is talking so much now, and it is always funny to hear what she will come up with next. Sometimes we can almost carry a conversation! She doesn't like talking in front of the camera, though so I only managed to get this snippet out of her today. Other favorite phrases of hers: "get up mama please", "no way, jose", and "bye peoples!" Last week as we left a shopping center she shouted "bye peoples!" every time she saw a stranger smiling at her, totally cracking them up. The best by far was hearing her say "I love you mama" though. Amazing.
Arjun is starting to communicate too, but I have a feeling he won't be verbal as early as Lila. He is growing up to be such a hunky dude, with his big dark eyes and crooked Elvis smile. My nanny says she is in love with him, and I totally know what she means. I know that auntie Kei has her eyes on him too!
