Quick update -- can't believe I almost forgot to mention that it is N's 31st birthday today! Now we are both officially not just 30, but in our 30's.
Lila had a birthday surprise for daddy...singing the "Happy Birthday Song" to him! I swear I didn't make her practice. I just told her it was daddy's birthday today, and asked her what she wanted to say to him when he came home, and she started singing "Happy Birthday" out of the blue. She even asked if I got him anything: "How about birthday present?!" (imagine this with very drawn-out vowels, and in a high screechy voice). She seemed satisfied when I showed her the wrapped gifts.
She sang "Happy Birthday" to N as soon as he walked in the door, but here is a clip of her performing again at our request. She always wants to play with the videocamera, so we resorted to bribery. Enjoy!
