Friday, March 12, 2010

"i'm already a big girl!"



When Lila was first born, someone told me that potty training was going to be "even harder" than getting her to sleep through the night. That was such a horrendous, months-long seige that I literally could not imagine anything harder and mentally prepared for the worst.

But as I'm learning, children will manage to surprise you no matter what. Though Lila has used the potty one and off since November, we bit the bullet and quit daytime diapers cold turkey last week. I've become a lot better acquainted with Lilas...habits...in the past two weeks, but it has been so much easier than expected! A few wet pants and lots of wet wipes later, I'm proud to announce that Lila is officially diaper-free!

Here is a pic of her putting on her "lipstick" first thing in the morning. Lila is so proud of being potty trained that whenever I tell her she can't do something until she is older, she will protest: "but I'm already a big girl, mama!"

UPDATE: Cuteness and potential TMI alert! Lila was on the potty a few days ago, looked down, and said with a big grin "I'm making polka dots mama!"