Sunday, May 9, 2010

happy mother's day!


Arjun and Lila patiently waiting for their flight


Lila changing her doll Chloe in her new pink room


Arjun climbing on the futon in his new room

Mother's Day again! Where does the time go? N and I (well, mainly I) spent all of last week moving, while the kids enjoyed quality dadima and dada time in LA. They are doing much better at flights now, except Arjun can get antsy during take-off and landing. He is a ball of energy now, always wanting to climb on and off everything he sees.

Happy to report that transitioning the kids to the new house has been relatively painless! We were worried about sleep regressions, etc, but it is actually so much more quiet at the new place that everyone is sleeping better. Who knew that we had been living under sub-optimal sleeping conditions. The best part is that the "new house rules" dictate Lila fall asleep by herself at night now - no sitting in her room for an hour until she falls asleep.

The other great part about this house is how much more space we have. Lila and Arjun finally have their own rooms, and I finally get to decorate them. What fun! Lila has her favorite red/pink color scheme, with plenty of room to play pretend. She has already invited her imaginary friends Lola and Luly to visit. Meanwhile, Arjun's got a big blue room all to himself - I'm thinking of outfitting it with some chalk panels and a lego table. These are rooms they can grow up in.

BTW-Thanks for the amazing brunch and cool gift N! I can't wait to be a high-tech mama with my new iPad ;)