lila in her new "indian princess" skirt
lila and friends at her first "drop-off" party
a self-portrait by lila
arjun on the portable potty
with his new octopus boxer briefs
going potty is more fun together!
Lately it seems that the kids are growing up by leaps and bounds. Lila is such a delight, very verbal, creative and mature. She loves to make crafts and draw, and will spend any number of hours at the kitchen table creating bracelets, rings, and crowns from scraps of paper, drawing self-portraits, or tracing letters in her workbooks. This past weekend we were invited to a couple of birthday parties, but as I was potty training Arjun (more on that in a bit) and N wasn't around, we were housebound. Lila agreed to be dropped off at a friend's house so she could go to the party without us, and came back full of news and so proud of her accomplishment. My little independent girl is growing up!
Meanwhile, we've been working on potty training with Arjun. It was such a straightforward process with Lila that I'd assumed that when the time was right, it would be similarly easy with Arjun. Wrong! Apparently I hadn't taken into account boys' different plumbing systems. The poor little dude has been housebound for 5 days now, running around commando. N got him to put on a pair of boxer briefs last night, but I have to say, I've seen more of his wee-wee in the past week than I ever thought I would! Fingers crossed that we'll get through this soon, and I won't have to pick up any more poop from the floor. (TMI? Don't worry, I'll keep the gory details to myself!)
warning, a bit gross here
UPDATE: I finally realized that I should use an incentive system to reward Arjun for going in the potty. We began yesterday, with a chart and a mini-marshmallow or whopper each time Arjun goes in the potty. And lo and behold, not one accident! Today's going well so far as well. Now Arjun will say he wants a "big brown ball" (whopper) after he poops in the potty. That is almost as good as Lila's "I'm making polkadots!" exclamation when she pooped mini-poops in the potty last year!
