Thursday, September 15, 2011

back to school

Lila showing Arjun the ropes during his first day at school

playing with dinos - one of his favorite toys at school

Arjun sitting near the back at circle time

Arjun playing with his drum while on the potty

Our little Arjunbear started school last week, and it has been a tough transition for him to go from the relative coziness and safety of our home into the big busy world of the schoolyard. I know that it is a necessary step for him to learn how to socialize and get along with others, but part of me wishes that I could protect my baby from having to learn these tough lessons! 

Last September when Lila began preschool, we were similarly anxious and now, a mere year later, she is a well-adjusted preschooler who loves school and playdates and making friends. So I know that in a year, Arjun will also have grown up. 

 Between the potty training this summer and school starting this month, my baby has grown up so much! I'm so proud of my Arjun bear.