Happy Independence Day!
Playing catch with dad with the GG bridge in the background
Mama warms up with yet another cup of tea
Playing with a partridge at the Discovery Museum
We had a busy holiday weekend over July 4th. First my long-lost cousin Cindy visited from Houston. I hadn't seen her since probably around high school, so it was really nice to see her again and introduce her to my kids! She doesn't seem too different from how I remembered her, though this time around it was nice to chat like friends. Seems like the age gap has closed between us now that we can both bond about husbands and careers.
N and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary on Friday night, and on Saturday we took Lila on an overnight trip to Cavallo Point, a resort just across the Golden Gate Bridge. It is an old converted military base, with amazing views of the bridge and the city. The buildings are luxuriously remodeled, and I discovered that I love wraparound porches. Maybe one day we will move to the South and buy a house with a porch and rocking chairs ;)
I was hoping we could all stay up and watch the fireworks together but Lila fell asleep half an hour before the fireworks were set off. No matter, we loved taking Lila out and showing her off, and Lila loved walking around and discovering new leaves and flowers. We spent the next day visiting the Bay Area Discovery Museum, where Lila got to play with partridge statues and watch a wizard tell stories, then wrapped up the day watching a free performance of the San Francisco Symphony at the annual Stern Grove Festival. Truly a San Francisco summer weekend.
Next year we will bring Arjun to Cavallo Point, and I will make sure at last one of them stays up for the fireworks!
