Wednesday, April 18, 2007

how do they do it?

Now that I am pregnant, I am asking myself all sorts of questions I'd never considered before. For example, I know you're not supposed to tell anyone about your pregnancy until the 2nd trimester, since the chances of miscarriage are so high during your 1st (and since it isn't to your advantage to tell your employer so soon), but what do you tell people who can't help but notice your sudden unwillingness to ingest anything caffeinated or raw? Coming up at the end of a 3-week business trip to Tokyo, coffee and raw fish are probably the top 2 food/beverage items we should seek, but I went overnight from a Starbucks+sashimi fiend to someone who mysteriously orders hot cocoa at 8am and requests all my food be cooked well-done, flavor be damned.

I know my colleagues are wondering, but I guess I'll just have to to let them wonder a little while longer.