Tuesday, July 5, 2011

whirlwind trip to asia


at the great wall


yummy dumpling lunch


south gate of forbidden city


789 art zone


with mom and ashley at afternoon tea


evie showing off her drawing skills


eating red bean ice


at the old country house


ashley's black mamba


with susan + family at yakiniku

Since N had some meetings he was hoping to schedule in Beijing, we decided to take a quick trip to Beijing and Taiwan without the kids. I was also hoping to do some recon and see if the kids were ready for a trans-Pacific flight! We packed in a lot of sightseeing into 1 day in Beijing, where we toured the Great Wall, Forbidden City, and 798 ArtZone. Fun but so hot it felt like I was melting. Then while N finished up his meetings in Beijing and Hong Kong, I flew back to Taiwan to see family. So great to finally meet Ashley, and to see Evie all grown up! It was also really nice to catch up with my mom and dad, and sister, especially without the kids as it gave us breathing room to really talk and catch up. I realized that I hadn't seen Susan since before Lila and Arjun were born! Hopefully this time won't be so long until I see my family again!